Friday, June 6, 2014

Teal the deal

I am blessed with the most talented sister ever, she gifted me these loafers and the beaded clutch, basically the outfit is inspired by her. I reached out to her and requested her to pen down a few lines to go with this outfit, she requested me an outfit shot and I had this amazing piece written below in my inbox after few hours :) I adore her style of writing and feel the lines are poetic in a way I could never write. Hope you guys will enjoy reading them as much as I did.

The steam from the coffee in the middle of the table is the only thing moving in the room. I take the cup and sit by the window, watching it snow. There isn’t much motion outside either except for the lone kid dragging his toy car in the house, leaving behind a new trail and erasing the multiple trails of footprints in the snow. I wish I could go for a walk. In the sun. Just then I hear a wind chime in the distance and the rays of the sun filtering through the half-open blinds wakes me up. How long have I been asleep? I open the window and take a good look outside. It’s summer- the afternoon sun is shining, kids are playing and there are people sitting on the bench. Perfect day for a walk. I’ll wear my new loafers. I’ll also take my trench coat. Maybe it’s just from the dream but I feel a little chill in the wind.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment